Who Is Helpster
We are Helpster (doing business as Helpster PTE Limited), a Thailand based company with our current head office at 942/88 Charn Issara Tower, 1st Floor. Rama IV Road, Silom, Bangrak, Thailand, 10500
Welcome to the web site (the “Site”) of Helpster.id. (doing business as Helpster). This Site is operated by Helpster and has been created to provide information about our company, whether accessible to you via web, mobile app or other platform (our services, together with the Site, are the “Services”) by visitors and users of the Services (“you” and/or “your”).
Helpster collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with Helpster.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps, websites, platforms, technologies to request Helpster Services.
Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: As a condition of providing Users with transportation, delivery, or other services via the Helpster platform, your precise location data must be provided to Helpster via the app that that you use. Once the Helpster app has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we will collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Helpster app to access the address book on your device via the permission system used by your platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to the transportation (or other) services you provide through our platform, including the type of service provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device (whether your own device or a device we provide you), including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Workers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services. Any other personal information which you give us in connection with the Services.
- Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with Helpster through the Services, we receive and store certain information which does not identify you personally. Such information is collected passively using various technologies.
Helpster may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Helpster’s affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information on an anonymised and generalised basis to track, for example, the total number of users of our Services, the number of visitors to each page of our Site and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Use of Information
By providing us with the information about you discussed above, you consent for us and our subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Helpster Related Companies to use that information in the following ways:
- To maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Workers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- To implement and monitor any Helpster bookings which you make using our Services;
- To share your Personal Data with Helpster professionals in order to carry out your Helpster bookings using our Services;
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device from which you access the Services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To improve or modify the Services, for example based on how you use our Services;
- To calculate conversion rates and other elements of Services’ performance; and
- For marketing purposes (which we discuss further below).
- To personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Sharing of Information
Helpster is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties, as set out below:
- With Users in connection with their request for services. For instance we may share your name, personal photo, job profile, precise or approximate location, average rating provided by Users, and certain contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws). After you have provided the requested services, we will send the User a receipt via e-mail or other means which may include the breakdown of amounts charged, your name, contact information, photo, job details, and other transaction details.
- With other people, as directed by you, in connection with a particular service, offering or promotion; or with third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- With Workers to enable them to provide the Services you request.
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements: Helpster may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Helpster, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Marketing and advertising: Helpster and its affiliates may use Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
- The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helpster.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
We do not disclose personal information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate and/or anonymised information about our users to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- You can visit the Services without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Helpster Services.
- Account Details. You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
- Access Rights, Helpster will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
- Location Details, We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device (whether your own device or one we provide) per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, you will not be able to provide services on the Helpster App if you disable our collection of precise location data. Additionally, disabling our collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
- Contact Details, We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
- Promotions and News Alerts, You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Links to Other Web Sites
Helpster takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free; any transmission is at your own risk. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Helpster via the Internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Registered Helpster users will have an account name and password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services. You are responsible for keeping them confidential. Please don’t share them with anyone.
Other Terms and Conditions
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
You may contact us as follows:
Helpster Cookies Policy
(Effective Date: Jan 1, 2016)Cookies Overview
cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A web beacon is a line of code which is used by a website or less frequently a third party ad server to measure a user’s activity, such as interaction with an advert or purchase of a product. A web beacon is often invisible because it is only 1 x 1 pixel in size with no colour. A web beacon can also be known as a web bug, 1 by 1 GIF, invisible GIF and tracker GIF.
- To measure users behaviour to better develop our apps. By using analytics services provided by Google Analytics we can analyse which pages are viewed and how long for and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest. We also use this analysis to report on our performance and we may use it to sell advertising. If you purchase any of our apps, we’ll also monitor which apps you’ve accessed
- To understand, improve, and research products and Services, including when you access the Uber website and related websites and apps from a computer or mobile device.
- To authenticate users. These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings.
- For security purposes, We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep Helpster safe and secure.
- For localization services these allows Helpster to provide a localized experience.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our apps (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on servers owned or maintained by or on behalf of our service providers World Wide. They may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by those service providers in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table above.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Helpster’s. You may contact us as follows:
Helpster Security Policy
Web application vulnerabilities account for the largest portion of attack vectors outside of malware. It is crucial that any web application be assessed for vulnerabilities and any vulnerabilities by remediated prior to production deployment.
The purpose of this policy is to define web application security assessments within Helpster. Application assessments are performed to identify potential or realized weaknesses as a result of inadvertent mis-configuration, weak authentication, insufficient error handling, sensitive information leakage, etc. Discovery and subsequent mitigation of these issues will limit the attack surface of <Company Name> services available both internally and externally as well as satisfy compliance with any relevant policies in place.
This policy covers all web application security assessments requested by any individual, group or department for the purposes of maintaining the security posture, compliance, risk management, and change control of technologies in use at Helpster.
All web application security assessments will be performed by delegated security personnel either employed or contracted by Helpster. All findings are considered confidential and are to be distributed to persons on a “need to know” basis. Distribution of any findings outside of Helpster is strictly prohibited unless approved by the Chief Information Officer.
Any relationships within multi-tiered applications found during the scoping phase will be included in the assessment unless explicitly limited. Limitations and subsequent justification will be documented prior to the start of the assessment.
Web applications are subject to security assessments based on the following criteria:
- New or Major Application Release – will be subject to a full assessment prior to approval of the change control documentation and/or release into the live environment.
- Third Party or Acquired Web Application – will be subject to full assessment after which it will be bound to policy requirements.
- Point Releases – will be subject to an appropriate assessment level based on the risk of the changes in the application functionality and/or architecture.
- Patch Releases – will be subject to an appropriate assessment level based on the risk of the changes to the application functionality and/or architecture.
- Emergency Releases – An emergency release will be allowed to forgo security assessments and carry the assumed risk until such time that a proper assessment can be carried out. Emergency releases will be designated as such by the Chief Information Officer or an appropriate manager who has been delegated this authority.
All security issues that are discovered during assessments must be mitigated based upon the following risk levels.
- High – Any high risk issue must be fixed immediately or other mitigation strategies must be put in place to limit exposure before deployment. Applications with high risk issues are subject to being taken off-line or denied release into the live environment.
- Medium – Medium risk issues should be reviewed to determine what is required to mitigate and scheduled accordingly. Applications with medium risk issues may be taken off-line or denied release into the live environment based on the number of issues and if multiple issues increase the risk to an unacceptable level. Issues should be fixed in a patch/point release unless other mitigation strategies will limit exposure.
- Low – Issue should be reviewed to determine what is required to correct the issue and scheduled accordingly.
The following security assessment levels shall be established by the Helpster organization or other designated organization that will be performing the assessments.
- Full – A full assessment is comprised of tests for all known web application vulnerabilities using both automated and manual tools. A full assessment will use manual penetration testing techniques to validate discovered vulnerabilities to determine the overall risk of any and all discovered.
- Quick – A quick assessment will consist of a (typically) automated scan of an application for web application security risks at a minimum.
- Targeted – A targeted assessment is performed to verify vulnerability remediation changes or new application functionality.
- Compliance Measurement, The team will verify compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to, periodic walk-thrus, video monitoring, business tool reports, internal and external audits, and feedback to the policy owner.
- Exceptions, Any exception to the policy must be approved by the team in advance.
- Non-Compliance, An employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Web application assessments are a requirement of the change control process and are required to adhere to this policy unless found to be exempt. All application releases must pass through the change control process. Any web applications that do not adhere to this policy may be taken offline until such time that a formal assessment can be performed at the discretion of the Chief Information Officer.
You may contact us as follows: