Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a full stack engineer who’s keen to get his or her hands dirty in building a new backend architecture for a product that’s the main source of income for thousands of people.
You’ll be switching between roles frequently — analysing requirements, developing backend APIs, maintaining data quality issues, building front-end interfaces to consume the APIs, and so on. This job will be challenging and rewarding so we hope you’re up for the learning experience and excitement.
This position is full-time and located in our Singapore office in Orchard.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend models / APIs to support front-end interfaces
- Develop front-end web interfaces to consume the backend APIs
- Analyse business requirements and translate them to clean, maintainable code
- Work closely with product managers and designers to shape the product. You’re not here just to write code
What to Expect
- You’ll be working across the full-stack (front end, back end, dev ops etc)
- We work fast, sometimes break things and expect everyone to take ownership of their roles
- Exposure to a startup that’s rapidly expanding it’s market, product and team
- Product is the the key to our growth. It’s the source of income for thousands of people. You will play a pivotal role in shaping it
- Able to design and develop backend models, unit tests, and RESTful APIs using web frameworks (Primarily Django and Python but Rails or similar experience is fine)
- Able to analyse business requirements and translate them to clean, maintainable code
- Understanding of styling libraries (Styled Components, Sass, Bootstrap)
- Understanding of SQL and databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle or similar)
- Familiar with Linux servers, CI/CD tools (Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins) and Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Value transparency and doesn’t shy away from hard conversations if necessary
- Has a positive attitude, a growth mindset, wants to learn as fast as possible
Good to Have
- Able to gather requirements from users (mostly internal business stakeholders)
- Understanding of Redux, Styled Components, Sass
- Code as a hobby
You will be part of the Product team that’s responsible for all products, both internal and external, at Helpster. We’re a cross-functional team (engineers, designers, nerds, etc.) that operates by analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data, forming and rapidly testing a hypothesis until we get our desired result.
Helpster connects casual workers to opportunities near them, giving them access to a consistent, trustworthy and flexible source of income. For businesses, Helpster solves gives them instant access to a curated network of qualified workers that have the right skills and live nearby.
Helpster was founded in 2015, has raised USD $5.4M and has offices in Singapore, Bangkok and Jakarta.